For me, writting about when I was 13 was much more difficult than anticipated. Primarily because I can't seem to come up with any specific words to describe myself at that time. I will share the random things that I do remember. I HATED gym class and avoided it as often as possible. I'm the most unathletic person ever (think Daria playing volleyball), and because of my hatred for it, 8th grade was the last time I had gym. I used to live for weekend nights, where there would either be a dance, TGIF would be on TV, or who could forget SNICK? I remember all of the passing of notes and at times, having those notes being discovered by teachers, who for some odd reason always liked to make us feel like as kids we were worse than we were. I even recall our english teacher who gave our entire class a 20 minute lecture on us 'watering down' the english language when she overheard some of us say that our field trip was going to be sexy (oddly enough it was a slang word at the time). It was one of those rediculous experiences that, everyone that was present for the lecture will never forget.
Overall I remember just wanting to fit in. Wanting to hang out with the right crowd. Wanting to wear whatever was in at the time. And at the same time not knowing if i was doing all of this because it was what i wanted or because it would make my teenage years 'more enjoyable'.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
When I was 13..
Posted by Heather at 12:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment